Tuesday 12 January 2010

West Coker - Tue 12 Jan

Due to the really poor weather, I finally went out and bought some food and feeders for the wild birds. I had always avoided this due to my two cats. But now I have just one, and he's not so interested as he used to be, I decided to go and get a few things to help the wild birds during this cold snap.
£40 later, and I've got a feeding station and various food sources in the front garden. Whilst the feeders have only had a curious Starling, the apples on the floor have attracted Redwing, Fieldfare and Blackbird thus far. Mind you, it's only been in place for two and a half days!

3 comments:

  1. We have now had a Robin on our new Feeding Station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After being in situ for nearly a month, our feeding station has now attracted Great Tits, Long-tailed Tits, and this weekend, a Goldfinch was taking sunflower seeds from one of the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After three months the peanuts have been removed...nothing seemed interested!
    The sunflower seeds have been enjoyed by a pair of Greenfinches, and we have also seen a Blackcap and a Blue Tit taking a fancy. The local House Sparrows are enjoying the broken up fat balls I've placed on the ground.

    ReplyDelete