Tuesday 8 September 2015

Sutton Bingham - Sun 6 Sep

A mid morning visit to the reservoir finally produced my 100th species of bird on the patch this year, as, after eight months of searching, I managed to connect with Marsh Tit! In fact, at least two birds were seen really well in the area around Cotton Bridge. That whole area was buzzing with birds, with good numbers of Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs, plus Great Tit, Coal Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Nuthatch and Treecreeper.
Overhead a small kettle of six Buzzards was joined by a couple of Ravens and a brief juvenile Hobby was a nice surprise.
At the northern end of the reservoir I spent a bit of time at the dam, where a Little Egret flew over, and a fair few Swallows passed through during the hour I was present.
I also managed to get a photograph of one of the many dragonflies whizzing around, I believe this is a Migrant Hawker!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 100 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment