Tuesday 30 March 2021

Sutton Bingham - Tue 30 Mar

Had some time to check the reservoir before work this morning and I started off with a walk around the car park as it was devoid of any visitors. There was plenty of bird song, including a couple of Chiffchaffs and before long I heard my first Blackcap of the year. I soon tracked down a male and female Blackcap and then, in the same small tree, my first patch Willow Warbler of the year, a bird that was actively feeding and unfortunately silent, I do enjoy the sound of a singing Willow Warbler. I then bagged a hattrick of year ticks when I found the first Common Sandpiper of the year on the West Pool side of the northern causeway, not a bad start to the day.
The only other bird of note was a drake Tufted Duck that flew in from the main reservoir and over West Pool before being lost to view.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 78 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment