Tuesday 14 September 2021

Sutton Bingham - Tue 14 Sep

It all kicked off late morning when I received news of a juvenile Black Tern at the reservoir, found by Guy Campbell (thanks Guy!). Fortunately I was able to take an early lunch and arrived on site soon after midday and was eventually treated to some lovely overhead views after having settled for distant views when I arrived as it was flying around off the dam. Eventually, after two failed attempts, it gained height and headed off. Luck was with me on that one. Whilst watching the Black Tern a small group of three waders flew in from the south, rather distant it was hard to get a positive ID, my gut feeling was Dunlin but they will have to go down as "not sure" but a fourth wader joined them and that was identifiable, a Ringed Plover! I scooted round to the other side of the reservoir to see if these waders had landed and whereas I failed to relocate them I did find two Curlew!
Also during my lunch break today, a Wheatear and a Common Sandpiper...so not bad at all for a little over thirty minutes on site.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 110 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment