Saturday 30 July 2022

Sutton Bingham - Sat 30 Jul

A surprise find this morning with a redhead Goosander that flew in from the north-east just as I arrived on site, it landed just off the northern causeway, waddled on to the causeway itself and sat preening itself for the ten minutes that I watched it. A pretty awesome July record, and the bird itself was a juvenile, so it would be interesting to know how far it's travelled.
Also today, a few interesting looking gulls but despite a second calendar year Yellow-legged Gull being seen in the morning and again in the afternoon I failed to locate it during my visits today.
The two Little Ringed Plovers were still at the southern end with five Common Sandpipers.
Returning in the afternoon I found a juvenile Common Gull, a bit easier to identify than those large "white-headed" gulls.
So another interesting July day on the patch.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2022 now at 107 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment