Thursday 18 August 2022

Sutton Bingham - Thu 18 Aug

An early visit today proved to be very productive though the northern end was pretty quiet with just two Common Sandpipers.
At the southern end the Wood Sandpiper was still present with twelve Common Sandpipers and two Ringed Plover.
I then made my way back to the car park and had a quick stroll around, a nice mixed flock of feeding birds failed to produce anything different but two Mute Swans were on the water just as I reached the first wildflower meadow.
I then had a bit of a surprise as a small flock of nine Redshank flew south calling before returning to the north where I lost them to sight. This is my highest single count of Redshank at Sutton Bingham. To round the morning's visit off I also heard a Greenshank call but was unable to locate it.
So a very decent visit this morning even though there were not any additions to the patch year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment