Saturday 31 December 2022

Sutton Bingham - Fri 30 Dec

My final visit of the year to the patch and again I failed to find anything new or that interesting. In fact, a couple of drake Tufted Ducks amongst the Wigeon was as good as it got.

So 2022 went out with barely a whisper as I failed to add any new birds to the year list since the start of December, but that being said, the year ended up being my best ever for the patch with a final total of 125 species at Sutton Bingham, and that does not include the White Storks that visited.
I did miss about a dozen birds this year, three of which (Grasshopper Warbler, Waxwing and Crossbill) would have been patch lifers. I did add two birds to my Sutton Bingham list, a self-found Pied Flycatcher and the Grey Phalarope that made a brief visit.
And that's it for another year of patch birding and I'm now getting ready to start again in 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment