Thursday 6 April 2023

Sutton Bingham - Wed 5 Apr

A couple of quick visits since returning from Cornwall had failed to turn up anything but that all changed this morning as I found an Osprey during a quick stop on the way to work. Initially seen briefly in flight it alighted in a tree opposite the bottom of the car park, enabling some wonderful 'scope views.
Having watched the Osprey for a while I needed to head off for work, but did pause to check West Pool where my first Coot of the year was present. Not a bad start to the day.
Later in the morning I got a WhatsApp message telling me that whereas the Osprey was no longer present, an Egyptian Goose had flown in and appeared to be settled at the southern end. So taking a slightly early lunch I set off and got lucky as the Egyptian Goose was still present.
I watched it for about five or so minutes during which time it was very vocal. It then took to the air and flew off north, so I got really lucky with that one. I also picked up my first Swallows of the year with at least four over West Pool with a number of Sand Martins. All in all a very good day on patch.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 82 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment