Thursday 8 June 2023

Sutton Bingham - Sun 4 Jun

I made a late afternoon visit to the reservoir today, my first visit for a few days, and parking up at the northern causeway I had a scan around and other than a summer-plumaged Black-headed Gull (unusual for the reservoir this time of year) I didn't see anything of note. I then had a chat with Barrie Widden who was also present and he casually said "The Dunlin's still here.". What? Barrie had found it fifteen minutes earlier and posted on our WhatsApp group but I'd missed the message. Lucky he was still there as I would have completely overlooked this unexpected visitor...and it was showing really well too!
The Dunlin was so obliging as it walked the water's edge on the northern causeway and was completely unfazed by the attention it was getting from Barrie and myself. It is also worth noting the Reed Warbler was still in full song at the end of the causeway and a quick look at the southern end produced a rather unusual flock of eight Gadwall!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 106 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment