Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Sutton Bingham - Tue 11 Aug

Another quick pre-work visit this morning and it was very quiet other than a total of nine Common Sandpipers, eight of which were at the southern end. I then had a look at the dam and found a Wheatear, a rather nice surprise.
I'd been in the office for about two hours when I got a message from Pete to say that he and Dave had just found a juvenile Cuckoo feeding at the southern end. After a couple of hours, I managed to get out during my lunch break and was lucky enough to connect with the Cuckoo.
I enjoyed watching the bird for about ten minutes before I had to head back to the office. My first patch Cuckoo for a few years and the first I've actually seen for as long as I can remember.
Sutton Bingham year list now at 106 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment