Sunday 24 October 2010

Moors Valley CP and Blashford Lakes - Sun 24 Oct

Ellie and I had been invited down to Verwood for dinner on Saturday night, so we decided to stay over at Laura and Paul’s and had a most enjoyable evening. Come Sunday morning we were all a little jaded so we headed off to Moors Valley Country Park for a fried breakfast and a stroll. In lovely autumn sun we spent an hour or so walking around the park. Admittedly this was not a birding walk but I kept my eyes open and saw a few things as we walked along. A few Teal were present on one of the lakes, and a pair of Siskin fed in a silver birch above our heads. After a pleasant walk we bid farewell to Laura and Paul and headed off to Blashford Lakes.
We parked by the Ibsley Water hide and Ellie waited in the car whilst I had a quick look around. Before long I had found the bird I was after, a Pink-footed Goose grazing on the far bank with Greylag Geese. There were a couple of Lapwing present and on the water there were a surprising number of Little Grebes, I must have seen at least a dozen.
After our late night and knowing it was a good ninety minute drive back home, we set off soon after 2.00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment