Saturday 13 October 2012

North Moor - Fri 12 Oct

I had planned on taking Tristan down to Black Hole Marsh, near Seaton, this afternoon but the best laid plans and all that! I finally got out at 3.00pm and decided to try for the Lesser Yellowlegs that was on North Moor near Othery. I got the feeling that it was going to be one of those days when I got stuck in traffic in the small village of Ash of all places and so it was nearly 4.00pm by the time I arrived at the Beer Wall sluice just east of Othery on the A372.
I could only spend half an hour on site and there was no sign of the bird...or any waders for that matter. A Grey Wagtail was flitting around and out on the moor I saw three Kestrels and a Peregrine perched on various posts and gates. A lone Stonechat was also seen and provided the only other real interest. So back home after another dip in Somerset this year...and then to make things worse I found out the bird had relocated just up the road so I was looking in the wrong place all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment