Monday 24 May 2021

Sutton Bingham - Sun 23 May

Recent visits of varying length have not produced anything were writing about, and today nearly ended up the same way when I responded immediately to a WhatsApp message from Pete telling me there were three Arctic Terns at the reservoir. Within ten minutes I was on site in the pouring rain only to fail in relocating the birds. More frustration and another good bird missed this month. The slight consolation was a Coot that I found half way down the arm of the reservoir, so I did manage a patch year tick after all.
I know it's a dreadful photo, but it was absolutely chucking it down and I didn't have my scope, but if you squint you can just about believe it's a Coot.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 92 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment