Monday 15 November 2021

Sutton Bingham - Sun 14 Nov

Yesterday afternoon Pete Akers found the third Yellow-browed Warbler for Sutton Bingham, and it was an extremely elusive, mobile and silent bird. Nevertheless I popped down late afternoon in the hope of seeing it, I didn't. I did see forty-seven Wigeon and a single Teal, but that was it.
So I was back on site early this morning to give it another go...I didn't see it. However, some small consolation today with a small flock of six Lesser Redpoll that flew over, my first on the patch for a couple of years. A few Siskin were also noted flying over.
A very obliging Marsh Tit was nice to see and a Chiffchaff was also noted amongst a feeding flock of tits, shame it wasn't the Phyllosc I was looking for.
A couple of Mandarin flew north and a Peregrine was again present on a pylon. Whilst searching for the Yellow-browed Warbler I had a constant background chorus of calling Water Rails.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 115 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment