Monday 15 November 2021

Sutton Bingham - Thu 4 Nov

An early afternoon visit today and I started off checking out the north-east corner where Wigeon numbers had increased to forty-two birds. Of more interest was a very decent site count of nine Gadwall on the main reservoir. There was not much else going on at the northern end of the reservoir so I headed to the other end.
Around Cotton Bridge I heard a couple of calling Water Rails, my first of the year and a welcome tick having missed the one present in September that I spent over ten hours searching for! In the same area a Little Grebe was briefly seen and a Chiffchaff was noted. A Peregrine was atop one of the pylons and a small flock of around thirty Redwing flew south. All in all a fairly decent visit today.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 114 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment