Friday 31 December 2021

Sutton Bingham - Fri 31 Dec

A late afternoon visit today in an attempt to try and add a last minute year tick for the patch but I failed with not a lot around at all. A few duck were in the north-east corner with 173 Wigeon, twenty Teal and around sixty Mallard.
Other than that there were loads of gulls, including a Yellow-legged Gull and plenty of winter thrushes coming in to roost.
All in all a very good year of birding at Sutton Bingham, my second highest annual total and one addition (Caspian Gull) to the patch life list. However, I did miss fifteen species over the course of the year, some by a matter of moments, and two that would have been patch ticks (but as I was in Cornwall at the time there was nothing I could do about that).
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 finished on 118 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment