Monday 10 January 2022

Sutton Bingham - Thu 6 Jan

I had planned a couple of hours at the reservoir this afternoon and after what had been a chilly but fine morning by the time I left the office and headed off it had started raining. It didn't stop me getting out and about but it really did hamper my birding with the constant rain meaning there were few birds around and those that were present were not exactly that obliging.
I did however have a calling Marsh Tit, though it failed to show itself, and a Siskin flew over Cotton Bridge. The Stonechat was again present at the southern end whilst at the other end of the reservoir a single drake Tufted Duck was with the Wigeon flock. A good number of Snipe were on West Pool, with around forty birds flushed.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2022 now at 54 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment