Tuesday 27 September 2022

Sutton Bingham - Sun 25 Sep

A couple of flying visits in the morning produced nothing but I popped back out to the reservoir later in the afternoon and spent about an hour on site where I found two Redshank that had arrived at some stage during the day and settled on West Pool.
A third calendar year Yellow-legged Gull was amongst the gulls gathered at the northern end.
At the southern end three juvenile Swallows had managed to get themselves bogged down in the sticky mud, a truly sad sight but no chance of trying to get them out unfortunately.
There were hundreds of Swallows and House Martins passing through during the hour I was on site. I also picked out a Hobby flying over the willows at the southern end, my third this year, no doubt attracted by the masses of hirundines.

No comments:

Post a Comment