Thursday 22 September 2022

Sutton Bingham - Wed 21 Sep

I'd not made a trip to the reservoir since the weekend due to the fact I'd been at work and despite visits from other birders nothing of note had been seen, however, that changed today. Because Ash had drawn a blank first thing I decided against a lunchtime trip, but at 2.30pm Dave Chown messaged to say he had found a Little Stint on West Pool, what followed was over three hours of nervous waiting before I could get to site after work. Fortunately the bird lingered and after a bit of a manic search I finally clapped my eyes on this tiny wader. Poor light and an even poorer photographer resulted in a few ropey record shots.
The Little Stint was associating with a Common Sandpiper and were pretty much the only birds of note during my brief stop.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2022 now at 120 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment