Sunday 7 May 2023

Sutton Bingham - Fri 5 May

Having missed a singing Cuckoo earlier in the week (found by Barrie) I thought I was going to miss out again today as Pete found a pair of Pochard on West Pool late morning. I was without my car so was unable to make a lunchtime visit, instead I had to wait until the evening to try and find them. Luckily they were still about, though initially tucked up in the vegetation on the water's edge. Fortunately, the drake and then the duck eventually got a bit lively and swam around West Pool for a bit. Now it was getting dark and they kept to the far end but here's a photo nonetheless.
Pochard is a scarce bird at Sutton Bingham these days so it is always a pleasure seeing them on patch.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 99 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment