Wednesday 17 May 2023

Sutton Bingham - Mon 15 May

Not many opportunities to get to the reservoir over the past week, though a singing Reed Warbler present on Saturday 13 May was new for the year. A very skulking bird, it was singing right in front of me in deep cover and I never did actually see it.
Other than that I've not had much to report other than a drake Gadwall on Sunday evening.
This morning I made a brief pre-7am visit before work and was surprised to find a Tawny Owl perched on a fence halfway along the arm. Viewed using the car as a hide it typically flew off just as I was about to take a photo. Although I hear Tawny Owls at Sutton Bingham almost annually, I've only ever seen a small number, so this was a real pleasure. Two Common Sandpipers were in the north-east corner this morning also.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 101 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment