Wednesday 13 January 2010

Sutton Bingham & Chard Reservoir - Wed 13 Jan

Being my half day at work, I decided to pop up to Sutton Bingham Reservoir to see if there was anything about. Other than a pair of Gadwall...there wasn't! Or at least nothing even slightly out of the ordinary. A pair of Tufted Ducks flew over, but the lack of open water probably stopped them from lingering.
So I left SBR and drove over to Chard Reservoir where at least one Firecrest had been showing well over the past week. However, despite much searching and a couple of calls to some local Chard birding mates to confirm exactly where the bird was seen, I drew a blank. The only thing of note, and a 2010 year tick, was a small flock of about a dozen Siskin.
So a poor afternoon of birding, but beats work I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment