Tuesday 13 April 2010

Tealham Moor, Catcott Lows and North Moor - Tue 13 Apr

I took a trip up on to the Somerset Levels after work, heading straight to Tealham Moor where I hoped there might be a few early Yellow Wagtails about. However, they were yet to arrive but there were several pairs of Lapwing present, a couple of Redshank and three Ruff. A Linnet flew over and a couple of Skylarks were in full song.
I then headed south and paid a visit to Catcott Lows. From the hide I could see a number of wildfowl, mainly Teal and Wigeon, but a couple of Pintail were still about. Another three Ruff were seen and there were also three Black-tailed Godwits. With time getting on I continued the journey south.
I parked up on North Moor a couple of miles to the west of Burrow Bridge and walked out along a drove on to the moor for about a kilometre. Setting up my 'scope on the bridge over the main drain alongside a couple of other birders, I managed to get some cracking views of two Short-eared Owls. It was nearly 8.00pm and as I had yet to have any dinner I left North Moor and headed on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment