Monday 26 September 2011

Sutton Bingham - Mon 26 Sep

An evening visit after work today produced a bit of interest. I first stopped off at Goose Slade Farm and scanned the ploughed field (I had seen a Wheatear here yesterday on the way to Weymouth), and the field was full of alba wagtails. There were somewhere in the region of sixty or more Pied Wagtails with at handful of White Wagtails also present along with two Wheatears.
Moving on to West Pool there were four Wigeon on the water, but nothing else of note so I continued on to the southern end of the reservoir.
There were fewer birds than seen during my previous couple of visits with just two Common Sandpipers and a single Ringed Plover. The adult Yellow-legged Gull was still about and a Little Egret was also seen. During the fifteen minutes that I was by the hide there was a massive movement of Swallows heading south with several hundred birds flying through.

No comments:

Post a Comment