Thursday 23 April 2015

Sutton Bingham - Thu 23 Apr

I'd had a text message from fellow "Bingham Birder" James first thing to say he had a "Commic" Tern on one of the distant buoys viewed from the northern causeway, so I decided to pop up to the reservoir during my lunch break. No sign of the tern in question but I did see three Green Sandpipers on a pontoon near the Sailing Club, a nice year tick and the first I'd seen on the patch for a couple of years.
As I had a little time left before needing to get back to work I popped along to the Canoe Club to see if yesterday's Great White Egret might still be around, it wasn't! However, I did find two Little Terns, a Sutton Bingham tick for me and a real unexpected surprise! Unfortunately the birds flew to the southern end of the reservoir and were lost to view. A quick drive to the southern end failed to relocate them, I can only presume they carried on and were simply passing through. It would have been nice to have watched them for a little longer, but I was thrilled to get a patch tick, and I guess if yesterday's Great White Egret was "Patch Gold" today's Little Terns have got to be "Patch Platinum"!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 81 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment