Saturday 31 December 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sat 31 Dec

Decided to make one final visit to the reservoir this year and parked up at the northern causeway and started scanning the main reservoir. A drake Tufted Duck caught my attention and then I noticed a small grebe and my heart started pounding, Quickly setting up my 'scope I got on the bird and new it was a winter-plumaged Black-necked Grebe...and a quick flap of the wings showed the distinctive upper wing pattern to go along with the head shape and general plumage. As the bird was rather distant I jumped back in the car and drove round to the Fishing Lodge in the hope of getting better views. Fortunately the warden was present so I was able to view the reservoir safely and before long the Black-necked Grebe showed itself very well and after a couple of distant record shots I was lucky enough to get some closer pictures as it spent some time sleeping right in front of me.
After the excitement of a patch tick I was happy to scan the remaining birds on the reservoir counting a hundred Wigeon and then my second patch year tick of the day as a female Pochard popped up. Having missed a Pochard on patch in the summer I thought 2016 was going to be the first year I'd not logged a Pochard at the reservoir, so a real bonus.
What a perfect end to a great year of patch birding!
Sutton Bingham year list 2016 now at 123 species.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with the easiest, fastest, and most realistic workaround for PayPal error 50023. To repair it, one of the easiest options is to use the multi-order delivery app, which will assist you in creating a new mark. If it doesn't work, you can consider re-entering your account information and credit card, which will enable you to use PayPal services once more. here you can know the most common causes of this mistake and how to disable PayPal services. You should also look at potential causes, and in order to fully resolve the problem to ensure that it does not occur again in the future, you must then identify the problem that is causing it, and then try for the best possible solution to PayPal error 50023. To get technicians help go to Paypal Nl Bellen, they are available 24/7.

    ReplyDelete