Monday 23 January 2017

Sutton Bingham - Sat 21 Jan

A decent couple of hours at the reservoir this morning with my main objective being to try and find Woodcock and Jack Snipe on the patch, I failed miserably with both despite a lot of hard work. Nevertheless it was a great morning out.
A nice large flock of twenty-nine Tufted Duck were off the dam and the Wigeon flock was grazing at the northern end too, with around eighty birds being present.
I walked down towards the southern end of the reservoir and counted two hundred Teal and over seventy Mallard. Not much of note in the way of smaller birds, though a few Redwing and a couple of Treecreepers were seen.
As I returned to the car a nice flock of 137 Canada Geese had gathered at the Sailing Club and the Barnacle Goose was back amongst them after going missing for several days. Finally, I added a bird to the 2017 year list, with a very smart Green Woodpecker being seen near the Fishing Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment