Monday 12 February 2018

Nythe - Sun 11 Feb

I found myself with a little over an hour to kill early morning so headed up to the Somerset Levels and on to Butland Moor, just north of Somerton where half a dozen Bewick's Swans had been found in the week. Arriving at Nythe I scanned the fields finding nothing but Mute Swans and thought that I must be out of luck, so turned the car round and started to head home. Less than 100 metres down the road I happened to see more swans on the opposite side of the road, and "Hey Presto" that's what I'm looking for, a nice little herd of Bewick's Swans...always worth remembering to check both sides of the road!
As I got out of the car to try and get a record shot the heaven's opened with a heavy rain and hail shower, but still decided to try my luck, here's three of the beauties.
Not much else to report other than loads of Lapwing, but time was of the essence so I didn't loiter once I'd seen the target birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment