Saturday 31 March 2018

Sutton Bingham - Sat 31 Mar

After a lovely week in Cornwall with the family it was only right that I popped up to the reservoir when I got back this afternoon! Not much going on from the northern causeway with an adult Great Black-backed Gull being the only thing of note so I took a quick look down the southern arm where two pairs of Tufted Duck were noted. I then headed back to the northern corner and thought I'd check the ploughed field south of the entrance to the Fishing Lodge in the hope I might pick up a Wheatear...I didn't! What I did find though was a pair of Little Ringed Plovers!
A completely unexpected find in the middle of a muddy field, and made up for the fact I missed a fly-through Sandwich Tern which James found yesterday. Still no hirundines for me this year at Sutton Bingham, I've usually seen some by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment