Friday 25 May 2018

Sutton Bingham - Thu 24 May

I had a day off work today so spent a couple of hours at the reservoir this morning. Again it was fairly quiet but a Peregrine was an unseasonal find at the southern end of the reservoir, sat atop one of the pylons. My first patch Coot for a couple of months was seen near the car park where a few Swallows were rather obliging. 
 
On a hunch I decided to check out the path up to the church and it proved to be a great call as I found a Spotted Flycatcher.
The photos are terrible I know, but I had to "digi-bin" the bird and it had the sun behind it, nevertheless, you can make it out to be a Spotted Flycatcher...honest! Hopefully this bird will find a mate and hang around, I've never found evidence of Spotted Flycatchers breeding at Sutton Bingham.
Sutton Bingham year list 2018 now at 104 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment