Monday 4 February 2019

Sutton Bingham - Sun 3 Feb

A mid-morning visit failed to find yesterday's Garganey on West Pool, but most of that area of water was frozen! A nice flock of thirty-three Tufted Duck were off the Fishing Lodge along with one hundred and sixty Wigeon. My first Grey Wagtail of the year was also noted. Singles of Kingfisher and Snipe were also seen
At the southern end of the reservoir there were at least three hundred Teal, but the light was dire so it was difficult to check through them properly.
I had a text message mid-afternoon to say the Garganey was still present and was at the southern end along with a drake Mandarin, so I popped back out to try my luck...but failed, seeing neither. I did see a male Kestrel though, so not a completely wasted trip. I also put up five Snipe from the water's edge.
Sutton Bingham year list 2019 now at 66 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment