Saturday 27 July 2019

Sutton Bingham - Thu 25 Jul

A brief morning visit was pretty unproductive with just five Common Sandpiper present.
However, a text message from Pete Akers early evening informed me of an eclipse Garganey with a Teal off the northern causeway, so I headed out and en route I received another text from Pete, this time telling me of a Wood Sandpiper he had just found at the southern end. So I ignored the Garganey and headed south to stake out the area that the various waders that have been present over the past week have been favouring. There were two Lapwing present with ten Common Sandpiper and five Green Sandpiper. After a bit of a wait I heard the Wood Sandpiper as it flew past but didn't see it, then a few minutes later it flew past with two Green Sandpiper and eventually settled distantly on the mud. My first patch Wood Sandpiper at Sutton Bingham for several years and an excellent patch year tick. Always rather distant, here's a pretty top-quality of it with a Green Sandpiper and Common Sandpiper for comparison!

I did stop quickly on the way home at the northern causeway but failed to find the Garganey or Teal but a Great White Egret was on West Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment