Friday 15 November 2019

Sutton Bingham - Thu 14 Nov

A couple of hours at the reservoir this afternoon started off fairly well with a flock of fifty-six Lapwing in flight over the north of the reservoir and a flock of twenty-one Wigeon were off the dam.
I then had a walk up to the car park and back where a few Redwing and Fieldfare were noted but very little else so I headed down to Cotton Bridge to see if there was anything much happening down there. As it happened it was a good call as I counted ten Snipe and had a Water Rail calling, pretty much in the area I was hoping to find one and another addition to the patch year list. A couple of Teal were also present.
Other bits and bobs this afternoon included a couple of Linnet, a pair of Bullfinch and a Meadow Pipit. There was a great gull roost gathering but alas I did not have time to scan them to see if anything out of the ordinary may have been lurking.
Sutton Bingham year list 2019 now at 114 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment