Friday 24 January 2020

Sutton Bingham - Thu 23 Jan

After a tip off from the Ranger I staked out a private area this afternoon in the hope of finding one of my favourite birds, and after a wait of around half an hour managed to find my quarry, a gorgeous female Brambling! This was only the second one I had seen at Sutton Bingham and so I was understandably thrilled to see this brilliant finch! Also in the same area a good number of Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Goldfinch and my first patch Linnet of the year.
The north-east corner held eighty-eight Wigeon and one hundred and forty-four Canada Geese but nothing else amongst them. A Tawny Owl was calling from the somewhere near the church and a single Meadow Pipit was near the Canoe Club.
A good number of gulls gathered as the afternoon wore on and five Mediterranean Gulls were present, they are always a joy to see.
All in all a good visit this afternoon, but the Brambling stole the show!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2020 now at 61 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment