Tuesday 21 July 2020

Sutton Bingham - Sun 19 Jul

A couple of visits over the past few days produced a Peregrine and a few Mandarin and Common Sandpipers but today was much better.
I headed straight for the southern end as the site was fairly busy today, what with the good weather and that fact it was a Sunday afternoon. Setting up my scope I found a Black-tailed Godwit, my first since 2018 as I drew a blank with this species last year.
A single Common Sandpiper was also at the southern end. I then drove back to the northern causeway where I found two roosting Oystercatchers.
Whilst looking at the Oystercatchers I noticed a smaller wader just to their left, a summer-plumaged Dunlin.
So three year ticks during a quick thirty minute visit this afternoon.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2020 now at 98 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment