Saturday 19 September 2020

Sutton Bingham - Sat 19 Sep

I'm without a car for a few days as it's off the road awaiting a repair, but luckily I was able to borrow my wife's car to get to work this morning and that also gave me a chance to have a quick stop at the reservoir on the way in to the office. Stopping at the northern causeway there wasn't much about until I spotted a Dunlin on West Pool.


There were also two Common Sandpipers and two Teal on West Pool, so obviously a few arrivals overnight. With that in mind I headed down to the southern end where there were a few more birds about. A further fourteen Teal were present and then a number of waders flew up and then settled again. The two long-staying Green Sandpipers vanished out of site but there were still three Common Sandpipers and a Snipe showing. I then noticed another small wader, so quickly getting the 'scope set up I was thrilled to find a Little Stint, the first at Sutton Bingham for a good few years.
This diminutive wader certainly made the visit worthwhile, even if it did mean I was running the risk of being late for work!
A quick stop on the way home from work produced two female Shoveler that had subsequently been found but I had missed first thing.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2020 now at 114 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment