Saturday 28 January 2023

Sutton Bingham - Mon 23 Jan

I actually had the chance to check the reservoir before work today and that paid off with a drake Goosander in flight from the Fishing Lodge before it went down the arm. A total of thirteen Tufted Ducks were present.
Later in the morning Ash found a Black Redstart at the Water Treatment Works so I thought I'd give it a go during my lunch break. Despite a good scan of the area there was no sign so I thought I'd check out the dam wall as this was the location where I found a Black Redstart (probably the same bird over-wintering). Again no sign but I was shocked when a Kittiwake flew past me! Having dipped this species on Saturday I connected just two days later. I can only presume it is the same bird, though it was not seen yesterday. 
A Lapwing was on the deck briefly by the Fishing Lodge and a flock of around thirty flew over.
Sutton Bingham year list now at 63 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment