Saturday 9 September 2023

Sutton Bingham - Fri 1 Sep

A pre-work visit turned up another Wheatear, this one was on the dam wall, which seems to be a favoured spot for them this year. A Hobby flew over the car I was making my way to the Fishing Lodge whilst at the southern end the Greenshank was still present along with five Common Sandpipers and five Teal. A drake Gadwall was off the northern causeway.
Whilst at work Pete messaged our WhatsApp group to say he'd had a few Spotted Flycatchers at the southern end so during my lunch break I hot-footed it back to patch to try my luck. Fortunately, I succeeded with at least seven being present around Cotton Bridge.
I'd left my 'scope in the car so the above photo was the best I could manage through my bins.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 114 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment