Friday 8 December 2023

Sutton Bingham - Thu 7 Dec

I suppose I should apologise for the lack of Blog postings over the past month, but it's simply down to the fact that I've not had much opportunity to visit the reservoir and when I have there has been nothing of note to see. November was a terribly quiet month for me, with occasional sightings of a Common Sandpiper and the long-staying pair of Egyptian Geese being about it.
My first December visit, in pouring rain, did turn up a real patch scarcity today though, with a drake Goldeneye present at the northern end. Get this for a record photo:
I've seen very few Goldeneye at Sutton Bingham, this being just my fourth (and second drake), so it was a real joy to find it.
Sutton Bingham year for 2023 now at 116 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment