Friday 7 June 2024

Sutton Bingham - Thu 6 Jun

No prolonged afternoon visit today as I had to work through my "afternoon off", but I did get up to the reservoir for a short visit over my lunch hour. A juvenile Coot was on the northern causeway, just my second for the year of this now scarce visitor to the patch.
Also on the northern causeway there was a juvenile Mandarin whilst over the reservoir two Red Kites drifted through.
A number of Canada Geese were new in on the lawn in front of the Fishing Lodge, and amongst them a goose which I had down as a hybrid Greylag Goose x Swan Goose (though some comments on the image I posted on Twitter suggest it could be a pure Swan Goose).
Either way, it's an interesting looking bird and certainly not one I've seen at the reservoir before.

No comments:

Post a Comment