Sunday 22 August 2021

Sutton Bingham - Fri 20 Aug

So whilst we had been enjoying sausage baps at Arne, Pete Akers had found a redhead Goosander back on patch. So I stopped off briefly on the way home to grab a quick look before dropping the family at home and then heading back out for a proper look. Fortunately the bird had stayed faithful to the same area all day so I soon managed to get some pretty good views of it.
It's been a couple of years since my last patch Goosander, and what made this one more unusual was the fact it turned up in mid-August as this is usually a late-Autumn or early-Winter visitor to the reservoir.
To make things even better, I found an adult Little Grebe at the southern end of the reservoir, get this for an awesome record shot (it's the blob you can see behind the blurred Great Crested Grebe).
So two year ticks today on patch, and I was pretty relived that the Goosander decided to hang around all day giving me the chance to add it to the year list.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 103 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment