Tuesday 3 August 2021

Sutton Bingham - Tue 3 Aug

A day off work today so it was slightly later, about 8.15am, by the time I got to the reservoir for a look around. Stopping at the northern causeway I was looking at a couple of Common Sandpipers when I heard a raptor calling and got a very brief view of a Hobby. It appeared to have perched up in trees opposite the entrance to the car park so I started walking that way when it started calling again and then took to the air over West Pool before gaining height and then flying off to the south, a much welcome year tick!
A walk from the car park as far as the Canoe Club failed to turn up anything much apart from a couple of Reed Buntings. It was a similar story from the Fishing Lodge with a fly-over Linnet and two Little Egrets all I could find.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 99 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment