Sunday 27 February 2011

Sutton Bingham - Sun 27 Feb

A great visit to the reservoir today as I picked up a Sutton Bingham tick in the form of a Jack Snipe that I nearly trod on before it flew from the water's edge at the southern end of the reservoir. A total of nine Common Snipe were also present, and some twenty Teal were seen.
From the northern causeway there was a fair bit happening on West Pool. The Scaup that I saw a few days ago was again present and associating with eight Tufted Duck and three drake Pochard, another drake Pochard was just off the Sailing Club.
Some thirty eight Wigeon were grazing on the grass next to West Pool, the first time for a while that I had seen any at the reservoir. Before I knew it my time was up as I had to race back to East Coker to pick Ellie up from church, but an excellent visit this morning.
UK list for 2011 now at 168 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment