Saturday 19 November 2011

Sutton Bingham - Sat 19 Nov

Despite having the morning off work I was on duty this moring in a different way as I had to take Ellie in to Yeovil to do some shopping ready for the big day in a few weeks time! By the time we had got back from town, done some chores, and had lunch the day afternoon was well underway so we had to stay local and ended up at the reservoir for a half hour visit.
Scanning through the wildfowl at the southern end I counted over one hundred Teal and a similar number of Mallards. Three drake Mandarin were present, the first I'd seen at the reservoir for a few months, and a pair of Mute Swans were also seen, as were four Wigeon. A pair of Grey Wagtails flew past me, circled around a bit and then headed off north. A single Redwing passed over heading south.
There was nothing of note from the northern end of the reservoir so it was back home to cook dinner and wash up before an evening out.

No comments:

Post a Comment