Friday 18 May 2012

Chew Valley Lake & Blagdon Lake - Fri 18 May

The final day of my week off work and I had the morning to myself. I decided to head north and visit Chew Valley Lake and Blagdon Lake, arriving at Herriott's Bridge at about 9.45am. A quick look over the lake produced nothing of note so I drove up to Woodford Lodge to get my permit before stopping at Heron's Green...where again there was nothing worth reporting!
On then to Blagdon Lake to twitch the Squacco Heron that had been showing well at the top end of the lake for the past week. After two and a half hours nothing at all raised it head and I had promised to be home in time for lunch. So a complete waste of time and money this morning...so much so I don't even know why I'm bothering to write a blog entry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment