Monday 3 February 2014

Sutton Bingham & East Coker WTW - Sun 2 Feb

The highlight during a fairly short visit was the Yellow-browed Warbler which I observed feeding on the car park for a few minutes before it vanished. I've been lucky enough to see the bird four times now since I first found it a month ago. It was the only bird of note I saw so I headed off and made a visit to East Coker Water Treatment Works, a site I had not attended since Spring of last year!
The sewage beds didn't hold as many birds as I would have expected, with a single Grey Wagtail and half a dozen Pied Wagtails. Three Chiffchaffs were also present along with a single Goldcrest. The surrounding fields held good numbers of Redwing, with at least a hundred birds present with a smaller number of Fieldfares joining them and three Mistle Thrushes flew over.

No comments:

Post a Comment