Monday 27 October 2014

Abbotsbury - Sat 25 Oct

A trip down to the coast this afternoon and I made for Abbotsbury, with my first stop overlooking the Swannery from the road. I set up my 'scope and scanned The Fleet and before too long picked out the three Scaup that had been present for a while, I believe the female has been here all summer. As I was watching the Scaup an interesting and familiar call made me look up, and a Richard's Pipit flew over heading west, followed by a couple of Meadow Pipits...giving a very good size comparison! That was a really unexpected bonus!
I failed to pick up anything much else of note on The Fleet so drove down to the Swannery and took a walk up to St Catherine's Chapel and back. I failed to locate the Yellow-browed Warbler that had been seen near the entrance to the Swannery, in fact the only birds of note were a couple of fly-over Ravens. But it was a lovely walk and a great trip out.

No comments:

Post a Comment