Saturday 21 March 2015

Sutton Bingham - Fri 20 Mar

I managed to get in about quarter of an hour's worth of birding at the reservoir tonight on my way home, and I made straight for the southern end for a bit of a change, and it turned out to be a good decision. Scanning the water to the south from the site of the old hide I found a very smart drake Shoveler, a nice addition to the patch year list. Also in the area five Teal (four of which were drakes), seventeen Wigeon and a single Little Grebe. A Kingfisher did a typical quick fly-by.
I also stopped off at the northern causeway very briefly, where a sub-adult Mute Swan was a new arrival on West Pool. Still no hirundines at Sutton Bingham this year, must to due some Sand Martins any time now!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 66 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment