Tuesday 27 October 2015

Sutton Bingham - Tue 27 Oct

A few short visits over the past ten days have failed to provide anything worth writing about (though a male and female Stonechat had been seen a few times to the south of West Pool). However, this morning I popped up to the dam and had a quick look around before work. A flock of twenty-three Wigeon were present on the grass bank in the north-eastern corner whilst on the dam wall at least twenty Meadow Pipits were counted. A couple of Linnets and a Mistle Thrush were mixed in with the Meadow Pipits and that was really about it. Out on the water, a Cormorant was noted jumping right out of the water when feeding, much as a Shag would. Annoyingly I did not have my 'scope today as I had a courtesy car whilst my car was having an MOT so I could not get the detail I needed on the bird in question. Hopefully it will stick around so that I can get a chance for a second look, but I expect it is just an overly energetic Cormorant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment