Monday 21 December 2015

Sutton Bingham - Sun 20 Dec

A late afternoon visit produced nothing from the dam other than a fly-over Raven so I headed to the southern end where a very wary (and un-ringed) Barnacle Goose was present with the Wigeon flock (eighty birds present today). Despite me being on the opposite side of the reservoir from the wildfowl and a number of Cormorants, my present was obviously enough to freak them out and all the birds took flight. The Barnacle Goose was calling pretty much constantly as it circled overhead before eventually landing on the water in the company of a few Cormorants. Get these for cracking photos of the Barnacle Goose!
 
The only other birds of note at the southern end were four Teal.
I then popped up to the northern end where a Stonechat was on the fence line south of West Pool. I walked from the car park down to the Canoe Club and back seeing one of the other wintering Stonechats but nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment